Thursday, April 14, 2011

Next steps

  1. Organize receipts and statements from last few weeks.
  2. Submit massage receipt to work insurance for $85 refund.
  3. Expense last week's farewell-to-coworker lunch for $100 refund.
  4. Chase down unpaid invoice for 2 hours of consulting work, done earlier this year.
  5. Remind self that the $883 spent to date on insulin pump supplies is reimbursable and will eventually be covered by work insurance and government grants.
  6. Roof repair, sooner than later (some shingles are loose, but not off).
  7. Car maintenance (but not yet, because I might still need the snow tires).

Update, April 17:
My neigbour dropped by this evening. Some shingles are now off.


Update, April 19:
My first $600 grant cheque has arrived! I'll be submitting the remaining $283 to my work insurance plan in the morning.


Update, April 27:
I took advice from my neighbour and bought shingles from Home Depot. The vent blew off my roof.


Update, April 29:
We had a big windstorm last night, which compounded the problem: many shingles blew off. Holding off the repair turned out to be okay. My neighbour bought more shingles last night, and we hired a roofer to do the repair. We shared the expense of the roofer across four attached shared-roof neighbours, and we all had the work done at the same time (keeping the cost down). When I bought this home in 2006, my real estate agent suggested I eventually replace/upgrade the vent. It went missing in the storm. Now is the time. $337.