Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Miles and miles

In anticipation of scary Visa bill, I continue to look for other ways to cut back and reduce costs. I am consciously trying to limit my use of the car to situations where I am pressed for time or traveling with children. I've stopped idling too (which was pretty limited to waiting for kids to do up their seat belts). While it probably won't save much, it might save a little.

I've biked to and from the office twice this week and walked my daughter over to her daycare on those days. This week has been a good one for planning and combining trips. There wasn't much in my trunk, but I emptied it. It might help. I also set the Trip Meter to 0 km when I last filled my gas tank (45 L for $57), for a better understanding of fuel economy.

I carpooled with a coworker to a lunch event today and let him drive for a change. Lunch itself was kind of nice too - the friend we were meeting at Pesto's decided to treat!

Update, April 14:
I missed a turn (daydreaming) on this morning's drive in. I thought I could recover with an alternate route, but then I got lost and had to turn around. Sigh.