Friday, April 1, 2011

First pass

I just received a draft of my tax return from the accountant. It suggests a refund of $5500. It seemed lower than I was expecting so I checked his math. I have just challenged him (by email) on Line 214 (child care). I've never done that before. If I'm right, it increases the amount of my refund by approximately $2000 and empowers me to clear the credit line.

Looking forward to his response... Seriously!

Update, April 3:
There's a cap based upon the ages of my chidren; it's not an error.


Update, April 4:
The length of time it takes the Canada Revenue Agency to process your income tax return and refund depends on how and when you file your return. Refunds for returns filed electronically before April 15 (as mine just was) are usually processed within two weeks.


Update, April 14:
My tax refund is sitting in my chequing account. Credit line, your days are numbered!