Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pacing

Today, I put together a menu for our Christmas dinner; I shopped to it this afternoon.
  • Chilled jumbo shrimp, with cocktail sauce
  • Baked Black Forest ham, with Dijon mustard and pineapple rings
  • Scalloped potatoes, oven-baked
  • Stir-fried mushrooms, with garlic butter
  • Creamy cole slaw
  • Petits croissants
  • Blueberry corn bread pudding, from scratch
Tonight, I finished knitting two grey socks for my eldest. My youngest will get one of the pink purses I knit on the weekend. I haven't decided how I'll wrap their gifts yet. Mañana.

I used the gift card from Shoppers Drug Mart for stocking stuffers.

For the stockings, I dug up a fairly large gift bag (surely a ghost of Christmas Past) and cut it into two equal pieces. Et voilà! Add a bit of light basting, and they work nicely. I cut the drawstring ribbon in half, stuffed and tied them with bows at the top. They look good, and will reside in my high kitchen cupboard until Santa is ready to set them near our fireplace.

Things are coming together.

Update: December 25
Great family dinner. We did not touch the shrimp or the croissants. They'll keep for later.