Friday, December 17, 2010

Valued objects

My children have many wants, but few (if any) unmet needs. The same is true for both of their out-of-town cousins. They treasure all things hand-made, as gifts from the heart.

Last year, I made slippers for them at Christmas. This weekend, I will try to make gifts for my two nieces and get them posted as regular, non-expedited mail by Monday morning.

I do not want to spend my weekend in a mall. I will not succumb to shopping fever.

I've collected a free purse pattern, a ball of discounted yarn from a nearby department store, and four previous enjoyed bracelet bangles from a nearby thift shop. I intend to knit purses and use bangles as handles for them. Total cost of supplies for this project: $8.

These turned out great, and there was enough yarn for three!
Total cost to mail two parcels, non-expedited rate: $18.