Sunday, December 19, 2010

A gift of hope

This afternoon I delivered two Christmas dinner hampers (and a bag of deflated soccer balls to my friend Danielle). My youngest child was with me, asleep in her car seat.

I'm not entirely sure how much we spent on each hamper, but knowing would probably defeat the purpose of the project. I've contributed small items to similar projects in years gone by, but this is the first time I took on the responsibility for family dinners that were not my own. We sponsored two families of four. Ironically, our festive dinner is not planned yet!

It remains difficult for me to graciously receive things I don't need and will never use. I don't like storing them either. I don't mind spending money wisely; although, I could get a little better at earning it and saving it, before spending it.