Sunday, December 5, 2010

Expense analysis: chequing account

I took a quick look at the Royal Bank finance tracking tool (myFinanceTracker) against my primary chequing account. My expenses, including automated withdrawals are split across the credit card and this account. I make the monthly credit card payment from the account.

It's going to take some digging to see what Royal Bank has placed in each bucket, but here's its initial analysis of what I've been up to for the past twelve months, according to my chequing account. I remain curious as to what this tool can do, and plan to explore it in more detail, just not tonight. Credit card payments are excluded from the view.

The Loans category has the adoption loan, the car loan, and the progress I made with the Line of Credit in 2010. The Cheques category contains daycare payments and Scholastic book orders for the children, my corporate income tax (and related business accounting services), with the tail end of divorce and adoption-related services.