Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Race against time

The insulin pump supply company suggested I place my first $1000 supply order immediately after starting to use the pump. It meant the order should have been placed last night. The diabetic nurse did not agree when I saw her yesterday and my pump went live.

She suggested I try out some of the various supply options and wait a week before placing the order. It's good advice. Waiting a week should put the expense on next month's Visa statement, not this one. In the meantime, the accountant is busy preparing my tax return.

Fingers crossed for a refund.

Update, March 25:
She still advises I defer placing the order. I'd have drawn from the credit line if I needed it to pay off my incoming Visa bill, but by postponing this expense to the following month's Visa statement, I may not need to.