Sunday, March 13, 2011

$16.94

We finally have a new curtain for guest bathroom on our main level. There used to be blinds in there. I am not exactly sure what killed them; I just know they were beyond repair.

The bathroom window is the only window at the front of the house, located next to the main entrance door, with a view into the front porch and the park across the street.

I admit that I could have done this replacement project for less, but I splurged a little and got the exact look I was going for. We're not nearly as modest as our house guests seem to be, and they are due to join us for a few days over the March break.

It isn't really a curtain.... instead, it's a white gauzy scarf from Winners. I draped it over the existing curtain rod (after removing the valence), and I didn't even have to hem it. If I get tired of it as a curtain, it can go back to being a scarf. The clerk at Bouclair hustled me out of the store when I asked if they sold white gauzy bathroom curtains. (They don't.)