Sunday, March 20, 2011

March madness

Today is my last day of vacation. It's been a good week. Trying to get through it without incurring additional costs has been a real challenge. I admit I indulged, just a little:
  • on a really nice restaurant dinner with an old flame (we had wine with it)
  • on a $22 live theatre ticket (front row of the balcony, not the orchestra)
  • on several impulse trips to the grocery store without a list in hand
  • on a new T-shirt (very casual, less than $20) from Winners
  • on some origami paper and a pair of Hello Kitty yoga pants for my eldest
Other highlights of the week have included:
  • having relatives (including both my parents my sister and my niece) visit me
  • walking in the nearby woods, while the children hand-fed carrots the deer!
  • baking bread with my niece and my youngest
  • one-on-one time with my eldest at the bulk food store followed by a bit of shoe shopping (just looking, not buying), while my youngest stayed home to start sunflower plants (in containers) with my father
  • dropping by a friend's place on a whim to play a board game on his iPad
  • a three-day live test drive of the insulin pump, running saline instead of insulin
  • walking around the Byward market on St. Patrick's day toute seule, when patios were open, and stationed with live musicians and people in costumes
  • a semi-ritualistic sage cleansing of our home, on the occasion of last's night extreme supermoon, while the children were watching a movie on my iPad
  • a trip to Starbucks with my sister, after we reorganized my storage room and she called minimalist me a hoarder (gasp!)
  • receiving an unexpected delivery of roses from a male friend who wished to remain anonymous
  • watching three decent films via Netflix, while the children were asleep:
    Vision, Elling, and War Dance
  • itemizing tax receipts for the accountant
  • running outdoors with the children
  • several afternoons in the pool