Monday, February 28, 2011

Something different

I made my first Skype credit purchase today for the purpose of cross-border calling.  I put $14 on the account, and I set up the Caller ID to display my cell number. I don't have home phone service any more, and I don't miss it either.

Within Canada, the unlimited Worldline long distance service is great value for the $3.95 monthly price of it, and seems to meet most of my long distance needs. I've set it up the local number as one of my cell phone Favourites so it doesn't eat minutes.

What I have been missing the occasional call to a chatty cross-border long-term friend. We have Facebook and email, but it isn't the same. The first call to her land line from my Skype account cost me 8 cents. I got voicemail. I might call more often.

Update, March 3:
I reached her, and we managed to chat for nearly an hour. It was glorious.