Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Restricted

Out of curiosity more than anything else, I have just placed my first sell order with eTrade to sell my 74 remaining vested units of restricted stock.

The tax implications are not clear.

The estimated commissions are $US 19.95 and the disbursement fee is $US 20. The proceeds of the sale should arrive by Fedex in 3 to 5 business days. I looked for a direct deposit option, but could not navigate the SWIFT and Fedwire codes it asked me for.

Your sell order for 74 INTC shares has been executed and should settle on Tuesday February 22, 2011. You will receive a notification when this transaction has settled and the proceeds have been sent via express mail.

Transactions typically settle in three business days, but company stock plan transactions may require additional time.

Update, February 22:
$1,565.07 (net)


Update, February 24:
The amount on the cheque is actually $1,506.36. It's going straight to the credit line.