Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Simply beautiful

There was some yarn leftover from the Christmas sock project. I have just made myself an infinity scarf from it. I saw one I liked in a magazine at the doctor's office earlier this week. I improvised a pattern for it, which turned out well. The Ostrich Plume Panel is taken from the Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches, Volume Two.
Knit on 6.5 mm needles with approximately 75 grams of Patons Decor (acrylic/wool blend) as follows:

Cast on 45 stitches = 3 x 2 + 3 X 13. Work 3 Ostrich Plume Panels (13 stitches each) on a background of stocking stitch. One panel: 1st row, knit. 2nd row, purl. 3rd row, k4tog, [yf, k1] 5 times, yf, k4tog. 4th row: purl. Repeat until desired length is achieved. The dimensions before sewing are approximately 12" X 42". Twist it once or twice, then sew the short ends together.