Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things that need fixing, eventually

The back tail light unit on my car is cracked, and has been for nearly a year when I backed into a parked car across from my driveway. The parked car was not damaged, thankfully. My tail light still works; it's not a safety issue. The estimate is approximately $400. As long as the moisture does not corrode the inner workings of the unit, it can wait.

There is a crack in inner pane of the upstairs bedroom window. The repair involves replacing the entire window. The cost of delaying the repair seems limited to heat loss. My mom suggested I upgrade the window when I am ready to replace it. I have not obtained a quote. I suspect it's in the range of $2000. A friend suggested that my home insurance might cover it, as the house is less than 10 years old, but I have not looked into it.