Saturday, June 11, 2011

Priorities

I spent $300 for 25 bottles of wine at the SAQ depot this afternoon. That's $12 per bottle. I don't want to run out for the foreseeable future (and it's a nice Friday gift for the caregiver). It's a bit of a drive, so I made it worth the trip.

On the way home, I stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart to take advantage of the $8 sale price on a L'Oreal hair colouring kit. It needs to be done in the next few weeks unless I want the grey to take over, and I'll certainly be doing it myself. Gray is gone now; hooray for me!

I paid $20 this morning to register both girls for Chinese school in September. The $150 registration fee for Girl Guides will appear on my next Visa statement. I'm thinking about adding music lessons for my youngest, but for now it's just a thought.

All iTunes and iPad apps are back on the No list. The jury's still out on sporting goods.

I decided to splurge on a $72 six-month membership to the meetup service to advertise networking events through my business. I'm on the fence about bringing the business back into the foreground, but I'd like a better idea of what the choices really are in 2011.

There is still much thinking and prioritizing to do. Je voudrais une pédicure... I should probably turn my work-related RRSP contributions off completely. The interest rate is lousy, and the employer match does not pay out until I've been on staff for two years.

Update, June 13:
I instructed payroll to turn off my RRSP contributions today.